The National Boys Scout of America online learning center provides a variety of materials, from quick references to complete courses, all designed to help you improve leadership skills and deliver a quality program.
A login is required; however, anyone may create a user account and view the courses. Registered members of the BSA will provide their member ID number (as part of their user profile) to receive credit. If you are a registered member of the BSA, please submit your member ID to ensure your training record is updated.
If you do not have your membership card, your registration member ID can be obtained from the council registrar at (608) 784-4040.
Courses offered at MyScouting.org include:
- Fast Start Training for Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and Venturing leaders and unit commissioners
- Youth Protection Training
- This is Scouting
- Troop Committee Challenge
- Cub Scout Leader Specific Training
- Safe Swim Defense
- Safety Afloat
- Weather Hazards
- Climb on Safely
- Trek Safely
- Physical Wellness
- Staffing the District Committee
To complete training via MyScouting:
- If you do not already have a My Scouting account, you will need to create one (using your email address as your login). This account will give you direct access to e-learning courses (and other options, depending on your profile).
- Scouting volunteers: To set up a new account, have your council number (624 for Gateway Area Council) and personal member ID handy (from your registration card) when creating your account. This will ensure that you receive proper credit for courses completed successfully.
An account may be set up and online learning completed without your personal member ID. However, to receive credit for the course in the council database, you must then present your training completion card to your district training chair so that he or she can submit a Training Status Update Report to the council.